Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Mysterious Amy

My good friend Jennie recently showed me some pictures she'd taken of her friends at a gathering. I like Jennie's work. She's got a great eye and her lighting is thoughtful and accents the work. But one photo in general, really stuck with me. It was a photo of her friend Amy and the pose, the expression and the lighting all reminded me of a classic portrait. I thought it was beautiful, capturing an interesting expression. The image stayed with me and I decided that I would like to try to work a mosaic using it as the inspiration. Jennie gave me the photo to use and this is the result. Thanks Jennie. And thanks Amy. I hope you guys like it.

Here's the original photo.



And here's my mosaic version.



1 comment:

  1. Cool, I have never had art work of me done before. I actually cannot believe a picture of me inspired you. You do really nice work. - Amy

    ReplyDelete