Thursday, May 12, 2011

Latest on Beach Umbrella

Okay, so here's the latest on Beach Umbrella. It's tough to get back in the water sometimes. I want to move my work to new levels, both in execution and in getting them out there to be seen, but I get a little shy. After I didn't get into a juried show last year, I decided I had to try again this year, and Beach Umbrella is that attempt. Here it is, grouted and with a few detail shots. I'm proud of the overall piece, but, as with probably most artists, I can see places I would do differently next time.

I love this smile. Still. This woman looks like she knew how to have a good time.


This is one of my favorite of the portraits. She's not grinning as big but she's joyously expressive, even without the larger features.

Who dressed these people? But how can you resist their clear appreciation of the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment