Monday, June 6, 2011

Work Updates

Normally I like to post images of my work on this blog but today I'm just posting an update. I'm so excited and proud to announce that I have been accepted into this year's National Mosaic Exhibition, for my entry Beach Umbrella. If you happen to be in Cape Cod during August, stop in and check it out, and then send me a photo because I won't be able to attend in person. *sigh*

I am one of 55 artists selected and I couldn't be more pleased.

And this is the frosting on what has been a very sweet cupcake of professional success this year. I also sold two larger mosaics within days of each other. One, Mysterious Amy, was featured in an earlier blog post on this site and the other I haven't posted yet.

I see now why some artists' careers just seem to snowball. Sell something, or get into a juried show and the confidence boost just seems to reinforce your vision and drive to get back into the studio and continue working. It's good to be able to do that without the external reinforcement, don't get me wrong, but boy, it sure helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment